Pages

Monday 8 May 2017

Arseny Tarkovsky: Life Life “And this I dreamt, and this I dream”

Arseny Tarkovsky: Life Life “And this I dreamt, and this I dream”,
for its sublime meditation on the ephemeral world and the way in which it is so beautifully written, closing on an arresting final line.

And this I dreamt, and this I dream,
And some time this I will dream again,
And all will be repeated, all be re-embodied,
You will dream everything I have seen in dream

To one side from ourselves, to one side from the world
Wave follows wave to break on the shore,
On each wave is a star, a person, a bird,
Dreams, reality, death - on wave after wave

No need for a date: I was, I am, and I will be,
Life is a wonder of wonders, and to wonder
I dedicate myself, on my knees, like an orphan,
Alone - among mirrors - fenced in by reflections:
Cities and seas, iridescent, intensified.
A mother in tears takes a child on her lap


https://vimeo.com/215520586

No comments :

Post a Comment